Saturday, April 21, 2012

Fat Dreek's Oscar Picks 2012!!!

I know the Oscars was a while back, and it always seems that the weirdest movies always win the big awards! (i.e. The Artist ( which I haven't seen yet, and don't think I could sit through it), The Kings Speech (I fell asleep, after just waking up from a nap), The Hurt Locker (a couple of cool explosions), Brokeback Mountain (no comment)

So now, lets hear it for the 1st Annual Fatdreek Oscar Picks, and I'm not going to go through the crappy awards like Sound Mixing and Short Animation Film, but the awards that mean something. If you haven't seen these movies, please go pick them up!



Best Movie : The Ides of March



I love acting over explosions and laughs any day. When you put Clooney, Gosling, Hoffman, and Giamatti together,you can expect perfection. At least I did, and that's what I got. Really digs into the political arena  and all of the crap that goes along with it. Definitely my favorite movie of the year!





Worst Movie : Tree of Life


I've never been so angry to waste 30 minutes of my time to watch a movie. I'm thinking Brad Pitt and Sean Penn don't ever associate their names with bad movies, but boy was I wrong. I can't even tell you what the movie was about, because after about 30 minutes I hit the eject button so hard, the blu ray player almost fell off the fire place. If I were stoned, it probably would've ended up as the best movie, but Fatdreek is Drug Free!








Best Comedy: Crazy Stupid Love



I usually think Steve Carrell is a one track actor, and this movie definitely proves it, but the screenplay was brilliant, and everybody in the movie did a great job acting in it. Ryan Gosling is going to be around for a looong time!












Best Action: Mission Impossible : Ghost Protocol



Its the same premise! The world is going to end unless Tom Cruise saves the day, but the action in this movie is great and leaves you on the edge of your seat. Jeremy Renner from Hurt Locker fame is a great addition, while Paula Patton was hot yet horrible.









Best Actor : Michael Shannon - Take Shelter





This movie was definitely slept on. It wasn't the greatest movie in the world, but Michael Shannon's performance was one of the greatest I've ever seen!









Best Actress : Michelle Williams - My Week with Marilyn




Michelle Williams has come a long way from Dawson's Creek. Marilyn Monroe was not a good actress at all, and Michelle Williams nailed it spot on, which shows how great of an actress she is!









Best Supporting Actor : Phillip Seymour Hoffman - Ides of March



There wasn't a huge amount of competition in this category this year. Christopher Plummer won the Best Supporting Actor at this year's oscars, but that was only because he played a gay man and kissed a lot of dudes. Phillip Seymour Hoffman is one of the greats, and he added to his catalog with a great performance in Ides of March.








Best Supporting Actress : Amara Miller - The Descendants




I usually dont like children actors, but she did an excellent job as the young defiant daughter of George Clooney's character. Dealing with a mom's death is hard, and she did a great job in portraying those emotions.









Best Director : Alexander Payne - The Descendants


Filmed in the beautiful state of Hawaii, Payne did a great job capturing its beauty and capturing the emotions of every character brilliantly.




Best Original Screenplay : Woody Allen - Midnight in Paris 







I don't really care about adapted screenplays, so the best original screenplay award goes to Woody Allen. This was the only category that me and the Oscars agree. There was a lot of thought and time that went into this screenplay. If you're a big fan of literature, then you will love this movie!








That's it! I'll try and be quicker next year with the Oscar post! Keep enjoying movies and give me feedback on where you think I picked wrong!!

Fatdreek

No comments:

Post a Comment