Thursday, February 14, 2013

Fatdreek's 5 Greatest Love Songs of All Time

I'll admit, I hated lovey dovey music growing up. I always liked the old school 1950s - 1970s R&B, but all music back then was greater. Once I got married, love songs started to resonate with ya boy a lot more. This Valentine day, I want to countdown my top 5 love songs of all time. It's bigger than just R&B. I have white friends who have made me suffer through country music, and outward I may show disgust, but inward I think "that's some sweet stuff". Let's start out with #5 :


Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight" 


Every woman in the world wants to hear how beautiful and loving and caring she is from their man, and Eric Clapton perfects it while strumming the guitar like no other! Forgive the 9 minute video, but Eric Clapton sounds a lot better live then in the Studio! 

#4 : K-CI & Jo-Jo's "All My Life"


When you find a woman who's close to you like your mother, father, brother, and sister, you have to write a ballad such as this. I actually hate this song because I've heard it a billion times growing up. Still warrants a spot on the top 5!

#3 : Shania Twain's "From This Moment" 


I know my redneck homies are asking what I know about the Queen of Country, Shania Twain, and I would reply not much, but I DO know that this is a powerful song! This song came on every 2 hours when I worked at McDonalds, and my white sister, Victoria Lowder kept Shania Twain's c.d. in arm's reach. 

#2 : L L Cool J's "I Need Love" 


Before chasing bad guys on CSI, LL Cool J ruled the rap world, and no song was bigger than "I Need Love". He said he wants "Friendship, Trust, Honor, Respect, & Admiration" on the 3rd verse, and all I can say is don't we all LL, don't we all! (Check out the abusive father at the 1:20 mark)

#1 : Luther Vandross's "Here & Now"


It doesn't get better than this! I love the song so much, I sang it to my wife on our wedding day. The video is horrible, but the song is a classic. If you can't recite the lyrics to this song to your spouse on your wedding day and not truly mean them, then just call the thing off!

Honorable Mentions : 

Barry White's "My 1st, My Last, My Everything"

Beyonce's  "Halo" 

Celine Dion's  "Because You Loved Me"

Kem's "I Cant Stop Loving You"

Etta James "At Last"

& "Gangem Style"

Signing out,

Fatdreek







No comments:

Post a Comment