Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Gobble Til You Wobble

Another Thanksgiving is upon us. My favorite president, Abraham Lincoln made Thanksgiving a national Holiday (whats not to love about Honest Abe), but I never understood the holiday of Thanksgiving. A bunch of pilgrims came over to America, ate some corn, and wiped out the indians. Not much to celebrate, unless I was a descendant of pilgrims!

Nonetheless, Thanksgiving is a huge tradition in my family growing up. We dont sit around the table and tell everybody what we are thankful for. We go to the kitchen and fix a plate and take it down stairs to the den to watch t.v. (preferably football). Call it a lack of family bonding, but this is how my family rolls, and I LOVE IT!!!  Back in the day, my granddad, my dad, and myself had a tradition of going to Waffle House on Thanksgiving Morning and going bowling before heading home to grandma's cooking with ALL of her sisters! That tradition has passed, and I hope to start it up again one year. I encourage everyone to reach out to family! Whether they be down the street or across the world, reach out and let them know how thankful you are for them, because who knows, we may not be around next Thanksgiving!

Im thankful for a lot of things. Big things and small things. God is good all the time. Amen!!!

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment